"The world is a book, and to those that do not travel it never get to see how the book ends."

There are more posts on the next page as well. At the bottom of the screen choose next to see more of my posts

perjantai 14. elokuuta 2015

It's That Time of Year Again

There is no stopping the inevitable, school has to come back around. A great summer always ends with the abrupt change in pace of going back to school. Waking up early, long days, people that you may or may not want to see are part of the many horrors that have to do with starting up school again. 

Surprisingly I was actually ecstatic to start school with a hint of fear as well. One of the big reasons I came to Finland was so I could see the education program here. Finland has the best education system in the world and I was fascinated in that since 1. I want to be a teacher and 2. I've been stuck in the same terrible school system for 11 years. I am hoping to see that there is more to my schooling than just textbooks and robotic teachers reciting out of a handbook hoping that students do good on tests for them to keep their jobs.

In a different sense I am also interested in seeing the social system in the school as well. Finland has no class system, so there are barely any homeless people and everyone is in some way on the same level. People are different here than in America yes, but I observe a lot of the same behaviors within teenagers here as well.

Overall school and the school environment are the main reasons I wanted to come to Finland. 

I will be posting soon about my first days amongst  the halls of my new school, but first I will be spending the weekend with my host family at their summer cottage.

Moi moi to you all,

The American

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti