"The world is a book, and to those that do not travel it never get to see how the book ends."

There are more posts on the next page as well. At the bottom of the screen choose next to see more of my posts

keskiviikko 12. elokuuta 2015

First Things First

It's crazy to think that I am here. After a year of planning everything I am actually here. I am in a country full of new people, that I don't know and full of people that are speaking a language that is completely foreign. I want to say that I am excited but also completely freaked out of my mind. I don't always show my nervousness or my fear but this is completely new for me. Every single thing around me is new. Once in awhile I'll see a McDonald's or a Subway and it'll feel like America but it's not.

There are a lot of similarities but in the end I'm halfway across the world from home. Most of all though I do love it here. Everything is bright (for the moment) and there is nature everywhere. Even in the city there are trees and flowers. Not everything has been taken over by condos and buildings. It is not full of dozens of people trying to be squished in small areas. It's nice to walk in Helsinki and see nature and old buildings. There are not really any skyscrapers or large condo buildings or apartments. Everything is quaint and authentic.

It may seem that not knowing the language and not knowing anyone is hell and sometimes it can be but it's like I learn something new everyday. Someone's name, what a word means, how to take the bus, and so much more.  It's an amazing feeling when you can finally say something in a different language. I am slowly learning all the cues and cultural differences trying to become one with this culture I will be occupying for a year,

I just love to watch people and look at what everyone is doing and how people are acting. Since I don't know the language, facial  expressions and body gestures are what I live on. Sometimes I can tell what people are talking about just by their expressions and gestures.

I have only been here a week and I'm loving everything. The food is great, people are interesting, and the sights are to die for. I hope you all read and check in often and hopefully I can be a form of entertainment. There is more to come from me definitely! Till next time

- The American

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti