"The world is a book, and to those that do not travel it never get to see how the book ends."

There are more posts on the next page as well. At the bottom of the screen choose next to see more of my posts

torstai 7. huhtikuuta 2016

Fantasies of France

A while back I took a little journey over to France. Nice, to be specific. I promised I would talk about my trip.

Me and my host family went for a week leaving on a Monday and coming back the next Monday. We had to switch to another plane in Munich but still it didn't take long to arrive in Nice. I didn't know really what to expect since I had never really seen pictures of Nice or heard much about it. France had been on my bucket list of places to travel for years though so I was so excited to be visiting. On arrival into the Nice airport I noticed that the city is pretty much one big waterfront. The land and sea meet perfectly with a long boardwalk and an abundance of seaside restaurants.
I won't lie, the vacation wasn't all ups. We did have some set backs, or I should say I did. 
At first we were set up with a BEAUTIFUL apartment right on the water and was really good size. We were so excited about the place but the excitement was soon snuffed out by the landlord telling us the place was having electrical problems that could not be fixed for a week. We were scattered trying to figure out a new place but in the end we got put in an equally great apartment close walking to everything.

The first few days were really great. The weather was perfect, not to cold and not to hot. A perfect medium. We spent most of the days walking around the waterfront and old town of Nice. Really just trying to take in every aspect of our area. Unfortunately my perfect days ended with the deadly wave of sickness... The first day or so I could just take some IB profen to keep my symptoms at bay. Let me just say, this only works for a day (that all rhymes and I'm proud). One day my body felt the need to let out all my repressed sickness by giving me a great cough and stuffy nose on top of radiating head aches and a sore throat. I woke up one morning to the joy of having an ear infection. I made the great decision of staying home that day so I wouldn't die on the streets of Nice. As the day went on I realized pain in my eye and that it wasn't functioning normally. This fabulous sickness had now also led to an eye infection that spread from one eye to the other like wild fire. My whole body was just rejecting itself at this point. I ended up going to the doctor in France and they are the most efficient doctors I have ever been to. I was in and out of this office in no joke... 7 minutes. I was back at the apartment with antibiotics in a good 20 minutes. I stayed home another day but braved it out the last day.

This whole sick experience makes it sound awful and like my trip was a mess but in reality I had an amazing time through my sickness. The days I was well were great! I saw a lot and got to experience a whole different culture. My feet would hurt extremely bad by the end of the day but it was worth all the walking for everything I saw. I am so grateful to my family for taking me on the trip and adding on to this already amazing experience.
I would highly recommend going to Nice on vacation and I'll probably be visiting again at some point but it is just such a quaint beautiful city. Also, the food is to die for! Having fresh baguettes and croissants to wake up to every morning was one of my highlights. After eating fresh French croissants... there is no going back.

(Quick Story):

My host sister for some reason is really scared of pigeons. If we are walking and they fly by she squeals and like fast walks away. Well, one evening after we had eaten at a restaurant and were starting our walk home a man comes up to us. He happened to also be carrying two pigeons. He doesn't ask or anything but just puts these pigeons on my host sister and she just stops moving. Like she freezes and these pigeons are just chilling on her. He then puts one on her head and I can just see death in her eyes like her worst fear had come true. She was like laughing and internally crying. I'm just there laughing on the side. The man eventually takes his pigeons back and we start to walk away but he asks for money and we wave him off saying we have no coins. That's when he started to fallow yelling at my host parents asking if they have money. We fast walked the hell out of that situation.
I don't know if that either helped her fear or just heightened it but either way it was funny.

Hope I didn't bore you too much but if I didn't I will also be posting soon about my recent trip to Germany!

- Cici 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti