"The world is a book, and to those that do not travel it never get to see how the book ends."

There are more posts on the next page as well. At the bottom of the screen choose next to see more of my posts

tiistai 22. maaliskuuta 2016

Ultimate Pet Peeve..

Ok, I wanted to write about one thing that gets so far under my skin and happens on the daily that I just had to share it. I know it is definitely other peoples pet peeve as well and it happens more than often while on exchange, especially if the country doesn't know English that well.

Everyday I will be part of some sort of conversation and more times than not it will be in Finnish since... That is the majority of peoples comfortable and mother tongue language in Finland.
In common situations I am seen standing, usually staring off into space imagining what it would be like if I knew what everyone was saying around me.
My biggest... BIGGEST pet peeve is this:
When people are having conversation around me in another language and there is a reaction or they are saying something that I want to know I will ask for someone to tell me... a lot of the time I get this response:
"Oh it's nothing.." or literally just the word nothing.
I Hate It So Much.
Like obviously it's not nothing if everyone is laughing like damn hyenas or gasping like someone died. All I get it... Nothing... I just want to throw the word nothing out of everyone's vocabulary. Never to be said. Again.

I only realized how much this annoyed me until I came on exchange because of how frequently it happens..
Just a heads up to everyone thinking about exchange. This will happen, a lot. You will hate it. You will most likely get mad at the people around you. In the end you just learn to live with it. Doesn't make it any less annoying but.... Oh well...

- Angsty Cici

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti